1. What to do and how do i get a new SSS number using the internet or via online inquiry?
- First off you will have to download the E1 form which is the official SSS form for new number application. Fill it up with the required right and needed information and have it printed. Next step is you will have to bring it personally to the nearest SSS branch convenient for you. Students looking for work or job will undergo the same process. You have the option to come in person and get the E1 form and fill it up with necessary information and then you will be given a claim stub with the date that you should pick up your new SSS number.
2. What to do or how to get lost SSS number, forgotten SSS number?
- Please note that you do not have to get a new number if you lost your SSS number or forgot it. According to the SSS website -
"No. The SSS number assigned to a member is the lifetime number and must always be used in all transactions with the SSS. The member should not secure another number at any other time."
"If the member wishes to secure another SS ID card and cannot remember the SS number, it is advisable to inquire from the nearest SSS office."
We hope to have made it clear to all concerned having the same problem as posted in the frequently asked questions above.
3. What to do with members having 2 SSS numbers?
- Here is what the Social Security System had to say with members who have the same problem as stated in FAQ #3.
"If a member has more than one SS number, it is important to write or visit the nearest SSS branch to request for the cancellation of the other number/s and consolidation of all of the contributions under the retained SS number. From then on, the retained SS number should always be used in all transactions with the SSS."
Dont' forget to visit our new page that discuss SSS Jobs.